Monday, August 25, 2008

Little things

Maybe I have watched too many "chick flicks" in my life. But sometimes I appreciate the little things. I am always grateful for the big things. I like having flowers on the table when I come home times. I love simple kisses and a I love you while passing in the kitchen. Why is it that men could care less? It doesn't take time out of my day to write little messages and leave them on the counter. Why is it when I leave one of these messages I get disapointed if there isn't one in return? Why does my heart drop and I feel almost embarressed that I even did that? Is it not recepicated. Does my little notes offend him? I guess in close to four years you just get comfortable with one an other. You know how each other feel. Why do we have to say it everyday, why Do I have to write it down, or leave it in a message on myspace? Why have I worn a ring for 3 1/2 years for a promise?

1 comment:

JHo said...

I think this is two-fold. Men don't, well correction, MOST MEN don't spend all that much time or effort on the small things in life. They don't think to leave the little notes (you should know how he feels, right?) The other part of it is the length of the relationship. I think this happens sometime between month 13 and 24. Both parties tend to get comfortable. We forget to remind the other how much we love them everyday, like we used to. We don't need to sleep cuddling anymore, we sleep however is comfortable, which tends to be with our backs to each other. We no longer stress if we didn't shave our legs today (or this week). That is just what happens. Not to say that it is right, but I think that it is normal. In my house, we are both guilty of this. Ava has taken so much of the attention that we sometimes forget to give it to each other. I don't think it means he loves you any less, he just knows that he loves you and you love him and probably doesn't feel that you need to hear it all the time.

Hey, I am no expert, but that would be my opinion...